Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The New Project

The people that know about these things say that the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem. With that in mind...


'Hello, My name is Jeremy. I have a Jeeping problem.'


I have posted before about the 1972 J2000 truck that I picked up a couple of years ago in trade for a well-used winch. That truck has kept me busy tinkering around with repairs and modifications, but in the depths of my mind I knew that the truck would never become a reliable offroading vehicle. I wanted something that had some power, increased ground clearance, and the ability to carry Jack and myself on some adventures in relative safety.



Out of the blue, I found a Jeep that fits the bill!




The new project is a 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Yes, it's large. And yes, it's ORANGE!

A friend in the local Jeep club had purchased this beast several years ago. Due to changing interests in his life he decided that he was tired of seeing the Jeep waste away in his driveway. I grabbed the Jeep up for a super cheap price (about what the J2000 cost me, but in cash this time). The previous owner even tossed in a few items as a bonus - I received new rocker panels to replace the rusty pieces, new door and window surrounds, a new fuel level sender, and many more parts. The total value of the extra parts alone exceeded $1000. I could part out this Jeep and it's parts and make four times what I paid for it...


But I won't. Because I am addicted...I love Jeeps, especially the older iron that just needs a little help getting into shape so it can continue on the journey of dirt road exploration.


I'm sure there will be more posts about the rescue of this latest Jeep project, but for now I'll leave you with some more pictures of "Big Orange".

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Get that kid outta the picture - he's blocking the truck! (Kidding!) Very cool truck!

    ReplyDelete