Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring is Here

Spring is well under way in Northern Virginia!

I recently got a new toy to play with. I've been wanting and waiting for a digital SLR camera for about twelve years now, so after saving a bit of money, using several birthday gifts, and pestering my wife, I now have a Canon T3 DSLR.

I spent most of today trying to figure out what the multitude of buttons on this camera control. I managed to underexpose quite a few photos, overexpose others, and a few turned out decent. The picture above doesn't seem as sharp as it really is - I'm shooting in RAW format, but haven't figured out how to post from that format, so a standard JPEG is what you get.

I have a lot of work to do on my photo compositions, but with this new camera the practice is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment